[whatwg] Cut and paste (and related) events' futures

Chris O'Brien accounts at prettycode.org
Thu Jan 26 18:27:41 PST 2012

This is my first post to the mailing list, so please forgive me if the
following is inappropriate for the list and let me know where I should
direct this instead (help at whatwg.org? <http://help@whatwg.org/?>).

In all the last-released versions of the major browsers (except Opera),
there's support for cut-and-paste events like "onpaste" on <input
type="text"... and <textarea> elements.

Is there any plan to put these events into the standard? Isn't that a basic
tenent of WHATWG--if the real-world vendor implementations are in consensus
yet don't reflect the standard, change (or add to) the standard to reflect
the de facto market standard, so long as any modifications are backwards
compatible?

Thanks, all!

Chris