[whatwg] Encodings and the web

NARUSE, Yui naruse at airemix.jp
Sun Jan 8 08:06:43 PST 2012

Hi,

thank you for quick reply,

(2012/01/09 0:38), Lin Jen-Shin (godfat) wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 11:20 PM, NARUSE, Yui <naruse at airemix.jp> wrote:
>> (2012/01/08 23:32), Anne van Kesteren wrote:

>>> As part of the big5 encoding, right? It sounds like it's a good idea to adopt that. I don't think there's much concern about table size these days, though obviously the less complexity the better.
>>
>> CC to the original reporter.
>> Could you cooperate about current situation in Taiwan?
>
> I am not sure what I can do here, but I would try my best to
> coordinate if there's anything I could help.
>
> So what are we trying to solve here, again?

This is the thread from
http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2011-December/034241.html

And discussing about a spec about Encoding on the web.
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/encoding/raw-file/tip/Overview.html

I'm interesting about whether web browsers other than Mozilla should implement
Big5-UAO or not.

Thanks,

--
NARUSE, Yui  <naruse at airemix.jp>