[whatwg] Requests for new elements for comments

Matthew Wilcox mail at matthewwilcox.com
Thu Jan 26 13:45:07 PST 2012

Obviously this is not right - perhaps I'm not understanding your use case?
Why would you want to specify an author as an attribute on the element?
What is wrong with:

<article class="by-post-author">
<footer>
</footer>
</article>

Any time you do this the information will have been pulled through a CMS,
so it's trivial to have a class appended to the article. When would you
want this as pure HTML that's not been parsed by some form of CMS?