[whatwg] can a click event be handled on an unbacked hit region()?

Steve Faulkner faulkner.steve at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:46:30 PDT 2012

>From my reading of the hitregion() [1] section of the spec it is unclear to
me whether click events work on unbacked regions

It is clear that mouse move events can be used, but will developers be able
to detect and make use of click events on backed regions?

My guess is yes, which appears to mean that unbacked regions can be used as
pseudo interactive controls for mouse or touch events, is that correct?

[1]
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-canvas-element.html#hit-regions

--
with regards