[whatwg] HTMLLinkElement.disabled and HTMLLinkElement.sheet behavior

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Wed Jun 6 16:47:21 PDT 2012

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 1/27/12 1:30 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> > >
> > > One exception: If an inline script comes from document.write(), it
> > > doesn't block on pending sheets. It runs right away. If it blocked
> > > on pending sheets, the point at which document.write() returns would
> > > depend on network performance, which I think would be worse than
> > > having document.written inline scripts that poke at styles fail
> > > depending on network performance.
> >
> > Note that this is not conforming. The spec does not currently define
> > any such behaviour.
>
> Which part is not conforming?  The exception for alternate sheets, the
> inline script inside document.write thing, or something else?

Unless I'm mistaken, nothing in the HTML spec does anything differently
based on whether a script comes from document.write() or not. The
information about whether a character in the tokeniser came from the
network, document.write() during a network parse, or document.write() on a
completely script-written document, is not stored along with the character
in the tokeniser's input stream.