[whatwg] Why won't you let us make our own HTML5 browsers?

Mark Callow callow_mark at hicorp.co.jp
Thu Jun 7 20:05:11 PDT 2012

On 08/06/2012 06:09, Ian Hickson wrote:
> The dire warning doesn't work. I'm just saying that's the direction that
> operating system vendors have been going in; that disallowing it in the
> browser case is not a different direction, it's consistent with the
> industry's direction as a whole.
The platform providers want control so they can extract money from
application developers; they do it under the guise of safety & security
so people will go along with it. Governments get control over people in
the same way.

In both cases it is an existential threat to freedom and civil liberties.

Regards

    -Mark