[whatwg] communicating plugin state (primarily for click-to-play)

Josh Aas joshmoz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 22:31:11 PDT 2012

Turns out another Mozilla developer did add out-of-content UI for
click-to-play to Firefox, I just didn't notice it because our current
UI is as hard to notice as Chrome's (nearly impossible unless it's
pointed out to you). My experimentation with it didn't turn up
anything new or unexpected.

After thinking about this more I'd like to withdraw my request to add
a property to object/embed elements. It might make things a bit easier
or more clear for web developers, but they can already make sites
behave pretty well if they know what to do. Instead of adding
something to the spec we can probably make do with best-practices
recommendations for site changes.

Thanks for the feedback.