[whatwg] readyState transitions when aborting a document

James Graham jgraham at opera.com
Thu Jun 14 07:38:00 PDT 2012

On 06/13/2012 11:18 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2012, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>>>
>>>   * Should window.stop() really not abort the parser like the spec
>>> seems to suggest?
>>
>> Looks like Opera is alone with the non-aborting behavior. The spec is
>> wrong.
>
> Can you elaborate on this? How can you tell?

I presume the TC is something like

<!doctype html>
Before stop
<script>
window.stop()
</script>
After stop

Only Opera displays "after stop" here. We are planning to change this
behaviour, so that window.stop is much more like the "abort the
document" (I haven't yet closely studied how this interacts with the
readystate and other things that Henri has been looking at).