[whatwg] sandboxed documents and cookies

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Sat Jun 16 07:14:09 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM, Ian Melven <imelven at mozilla.com> wrote:
> IE 10, Chrome and the patches I am working on for Firefox all throw a SecurityError
> even if no cookies are set - i agree that this seems like the correct behaviour.

It seems you misunderstand the term cookie-free Document object. It's
a specific kind of Document object, used by XMLHttpRequest (and maybe
ought to be used for DOMParser and such too).

I believe from testing the behavior for XMLHttpRequest is different in
browsers from throwing, although I would prefer if they were
consistent there.

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/