[whatwg] Validator.nu: "Attribute role not allowed on element h2 at this point."

Charles Pritchard chuck at jumis.com
Mon Mar 12 16:49:17 PDT 2012

To clarify:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-html5-20110405/author/content-models.html#annotations-for-assistive-technology-products-aria

"the presentation role may always be used.". The validator should not
have thrown an error for role=presentation.

The section was made because: "exceptions are intended to prevent
authors from making assistive technology products report nonsensical
states that do not represent the actual state of the document".

These should only be warnings, not errors. The language "Authors must
not" is inappropriate.

-Charles