[whatwg] Validator.nu: "Attribute role not allowed on element h2 at this point."

Scott González scott.gonzalez at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 05:56:51 PDT 2012

It's my understanding that authors should only apply ARIA via script. The
redundancy cases seem to be the most reasonable use cases I've heard of for
wanting ARIA in the initial markup, but even that seems wrong. What happens
when you have type=range and role=slider, the UA doesn't understand the new
types, and the script either never loads or has an error? The AT will pick
up the role, but none of the functionality will be there. I don't see how
that's better than not having the role applied.