[whatwg] API for encoding/decoding ArrayBuffers into text

Kenneth Russell kbr at google.com
Tue Mar 13 16:08:39 PDT 2012

Joshua Bell has been working on a string encoding and decoding API
that supports the needed encodings, and which is separable from the
core typed array API:

http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/StringEncoding

This is the direction I prefer. String encoding and decoding seems to
be a complex enough problem that it should be expressed separately
from the typed array spec itself.

-Ken