[whatwg] Endianness of typed arrays

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Wed Mar 28 01:03:44 PDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck at jumis.com> wrote:

> I consider your position one of benevolent paternalism. You are free to
> stick with it, and to apply it in your patch submissions.
>
> I've no desire to coddle low-level coders. They know what they're getting
> into.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm not making value judgements, just
observing "Web browsers on big-endian machines will have to pretend to be
little-endian as far as Web pages can observe" in order to be compatible
with Web content, and suggesting that we may as well write specs in light
of this fact.

Rob
than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]