[whatwg] Endianness of typed arrays

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Wed Mar 28 01:41:05 PDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 9:14 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck at jumis.com> wrote:

> When you or Robert disparage developers as a class, that is harmful.

I apologise for being careless in my language. I don't intend to cast
aspersions on developers, and I should choose my words more carefully to
make that clear.

To be clear, I believe developers choosing not to add big-endian code paths
is an eminently sensible decision. For those who try, I attach no blame for
getting those paths wrong, since it's almost impossible for anyone to get
software right without testing and there's no way to test big-endian cases.
And FWIW, I think it's very reasonable for many developers to not read
specs. There's a huge class of non-professional Web developers who have
better things to do with their time.

Rob
than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]