[whatwg] Endianness of typed arrays

Glenn Maynard glenn at zewt.org
Wed Mar 28 18:55:52 PDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM, John Tamplin <jat at google.com> wrote:

> I assumed the point Kenneth was making that you objected to was that if
> you had Uint16BEArray and Uint16LEArray, so you could have both native
> (with Uint16Array being one of them) and specific endian-ness was that you
> are introducing polymorphic calls.

Well, I hadn't suggested having both BE and LE versions of views yet at
that point, but I don't think it matters there, either.  Introducing those
types won't automatically cause code to start using them--code that only
needs a particular endianness will still only need one.

But making the existing views always LE wouldn't increase the amount of
polymorphic calls at all, it'd just change the behavior of the existing
calls.

--
Glenn Maynard