[whatwg] Canvas v5 API additions

Ashley Gullen ashley at scirra.com
Thu Mar 29 07:34:36 PDT 2012

Thanks.  Having looked at the changes, I think it might be more appropriate
to put this as a third global option, e.g. "globalAlpha",
"globalCompositeOperation" and "globalSmoothingEnabled" (default true,
because I think most implementations currently do smoothing).  I think the
option should definitely affect all rendering on the canvas (images,
patterns, lines, possibly text?) since applications like retro games need a
simple switch to affect everything, and the name "globalSmoothingEnabled"
should better imply it will affect everything.

Ashley