[whatwg] Device proximity and light events

Doug Turner dougt at mozilla.com
Fri May 4 13:03:16 PDT 2012

I looked at the Sensor API.  I was hoping to have something very simple and lightweight.  I most likely will implement other sensor types in the same way - simple dom events with attributes that are specific to the event.  This is what we did for device motion and orientation, and it has worked out quite well.

Thanks!
Doug