[whatwg] Proposal in supporting the writing of "Arabizi"

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu May 10 13:41:20 PDT 2012

On May 10, 2012, at 12:00 PM, Sami Eljabali <seljabali at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good luck pushing Apple & Microsoft in implementing this. If we create this
> as a tag then we'd push every OS vendor to support it.

Mac OS X supports "Arabic", "Arabic - PC" and "Arabic - QWERTY" input methods. If none of these provide the functionality of "Arabizi" then please file a bug at <http://bugreport.apple.com/> and we can consider adding it for the whole OS. Mac OS X also supports third-party downloadable input methods. We are unlikely to support a browser-specific form of input methods.

Regards,
Maciej