[whatwg] Features for responsive Web design

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Tue May 15 12:01:49 PDT 2012

On May 15, 2012, at 8:06 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 May 2012, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>
>> 3.125x isn't particularly difficult to specify.
>
> I actually didn't even realize that 300dpi is 3.125 times 96dpi.
>
> Regardless, I think being able to specify "300dpi" is easier than
> using a calculator.

On the other hand, checking for an integer X factor is easier than checking for an integer multiple of 96dpi, for authors who would like to avoid the ugly visual artifacts of non-integral scaling. Which I hope is all of them. It's easier to tell that 3.125x is a bad idea than with 300dpi.

Regards,
Maciej