[whatwg] Features for responsive Web design

Matthew Wilcox mail at matthewwilcox.com
Wed May 16 05:58:03 PDT 2012

Also, srcset does not abstract the control points away from the image
itself. I have already been over why this is a problem and
future-unfriendly. Breakpoints are based on a when a *design* becomes
visually broken, not on the width of a device. So, when a design
changes, so will the response breakpoints, and that would mean having
to revisit and edit every image that's had srcset applied - unless I
am missing something (which given the last day or two, I may well be).

-Matt