[whatwg] Features for responsive Web design

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Fri May 18 06:53:17 PDT 2012

On 5/18/12 3:16 AM, Markus Ernst wrote:
> 1. Are there other cases in HTML where an attribute value contains more
> than one URI?

* The "archive" attribute of <applet> (comma-separated list of URIs)

* The "ping" attribute of <a> (space-separated list of URIs)

* The "style" attribute (which can, e.g., set both border-image and
   background-image).

There might be others, but this is off the top of my head.

> 2. Have there been thoughts on the scriptability of @srcset? While
> sources can be added to resp. removed from <picture> easily with
> standard DOM methods, it looks to me like this would require complex
> string operations for @srcset.

If one really wanted to, this could be handled by having .srcset be a
list object, etc.  Might still be a bit of a pain, of course.

-Boris