[whatwg] Features for responsive Web design

Glenn Maynard glenn at zewt.org
Fri May 18 07:28:05 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 5:51 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de>wrote:

> ...which of course means that it stops being "simpler".

No, it means nothing of the sort.  An API to access this would introduce
none of the problems with the multi-element approach; it would be simple
and straightforward to do.

I think it would be worthwhile to combine elements form both proposals; in
> particular to avoid the microsyntax and use proper markup instead.

Only if there are actual problems solved by doing so, which there don't
seem to be.  Instead, people seem to be hunting for excuses to use parts of
the other proposal just for the sake of using them, not to solve any actual
problem.  ("That's not a good reason to do it?  Hold on, let me try to come
up with another...")

--
Glenn Maynard