[whatwg] Media queries, viewport dimensions, srcset and picture

Matthew Wilcox mail at matthewwilcox.com
Thu May 24 01:27:53 PDT 2012

Excellent, sorry I was not clear on that; this is looking good!

I would like to re-iterate that this solution is another which puts
design properties into mark-up directly, and just like old <picture>
and srcset, this means that when it's time to re-design a site an
author is going to have to trawl through all <picture> elements
throughout the site to adjust them to fit the new design.

This is to my mind a major problem which stops any such solution from
being a general-purpose solution. I'd be ok for one-off special uses,
but I can't write website's that I know to be future un-friendly -
that's just storing up problems for the future.

-Matt

[re-posted to the group, I'd hit reply and not reply-all, sorry!]