[whatwg] proposal for a location.domain property

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu May 24 14:02:00 PDT 2012

I agree. Even though there are still legacy features like cookies and document.domain that use domain-based security, most of the Web platform uses origin-based security, and that has proved to be a sounder model. While I acknowledge the use cases for exposing location.domain, it's also likely to become an attractive nuisance that pulls developers in the wrong direction.

 - Maciej