[whatwg] Define MessagePort.isConnected or MessagePort.ondisconnect

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Fri Nov 2 15:32:08 PDT 2012

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010, ATSUSHI TAKAYAMA wrote:

> I think, as Hixie suggested, an array like object to track references of
> all connected ports would be nice *for SharedWorkers*. For ports created
> dynamically by new MessageChannel, it doesn't seem to work well.

Why wouldn't it work well for MessageChannel ports?

I've specced something concrete so we have something to discuss here:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#broadcasting-to-many-ports

Hopefully this will give authors a way to do the broadcasting without the
memory leak you currently have to put up with.