[whatwg] URL: Parsing URLs without relative scheme

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Sun Nov 4 23:36:57 PST 2012

Do we want to support parsing the query component of URLs without
relative scheme (such as mailto/javascript) into a separate entity or
just treat it as part of what the specification now calls "scheme
data". What this affects:

* We could more easily treat about:blank?test equal to about:blank
with a query component. Only WebKit does not support this.
* javascript: would consist of scheme data + query + fragment rather
than just scheme data + fragment
* data: would consist of scheme data + query rather than just scheme data
* The API (we should probably just allow manipulation for URLs with
relative scheme for now)

Spec: http://url.spec.whatwg.org/

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/