[whatwg] Should scrollbars move focus?

Etienne Levesque Guitard etiennelg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 21:10:55 PDT 2012

I think Ubuntu has the right behavior, similar to how you can scroll
windows in OS X (with the scroll wheel) even if they're not in a focus; a
huge usability improvement over Windows when doing side-by-side document
editing.

If anything, I believe the user agent should never change platform
behavior. If platform A has behavior X and platform B has behavior Y, then
the user agent should behave as X on A and B on Y.

Which is to say: scroll bars should never change focus, regardless of the
case (as far as I know all platforms follow this convention)

Étienne