[whatwg] Spec for handling runtime script errors doesn't seem to match reality

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 12 09:12:32 PST 2012

On 11/12/12 5:45 AM, Simon Pieters wrote:
> I don't see any attachment. Maybe the whatwg list prunes them? Can you
> send it to www-archive?

Gah.

Here's the entire test case:

<iframe></iframe>
<script>
     window.onload = function() {
       window.onerror = function(msg, file, line) {
         alert('Parent handler: ' + msg + " " + file + " " + line);
       }
       frames[0].onerror = function(msg, file, line) {
         alert('Subframe handler: ' + msg + " " + file + " " + line);
       }
       frames[0].setTimeout(function() { throw "oops"; }, 100);
     }
</script>

> Do browsers use the script's origin per spec, or do they use the
> function's global object's document's origin (for the purpose of
> tainting the arguments)?

This isn't even about origins and tainting so far; everything here is
same-origin.  It's purely about which onerror gets called.

-Boris