[whatwg] Spec for handling runtime script errors doesn't seem to match reality

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 12 11:48:20 PST 2012

On 11/12/12 10:45 AM, Olli Pettay wrote:
> First I thought the spec behavior would make more sense, but if the
> error is about executing something bound to
> window A it would be quite surprising to get error event on window B.

So I did a bit more experimenting, and at first glance when the function
runs, even though the function's global is actually window A the "this"
object seems to be set to window B... _That_'s not specced anywhere
either, afaict.

The whole thing is a bit of a mess.  :(

-Boris