[whatwg] URL: IPv6 parsing and model/serializing

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 14 11:05:20 PST 2012

> Chrome's implementation (except for parsing invalid IPv4) makes a lot
> of sense I think as it allows for minimizing what needs to be stored
> internally. It only requires a sequence of eight 16-bit components.

I believe Gecko simply stores the original string (lowercased), modulo
IDN stuff.  Since this works for both DNS names and IP addresses, a
requirement that some other representation be stored is actually a bit
of an implementation annoyance...

-Boris