[whatwg] Canvas in Workers

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Fri Nov 16 13:48:28 PST 2012

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012, Rick Waldron wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> > > <bikeshed>
> > >
> > > Proxy with a capital P is an API in ES6 for creating Proxy objects.
> > > While I recognize that this is obviously just a conceptual sketch of
> > > your idea and that you're merely following the camel case tradition, now
> > > is probably the best time to be informed of potential naming conflicts.
> >
> > The word Proxy is used all over the place on the Web platform, I'm not too
> > worried about that. Right now the object returned above is "CanvasProxy",
> > which is the kind of proxy that it refers to. I'm certainly open to
> > another name, any suggestions?
>
> CanvasProxy is a fine disambiguation.

Do you think we should rename the method above to say that too?

"canvas.transferControlToCanvasProxy()" is a bit verbose. :-)

I had shortened it to just "canvas.transferControlToProxy" on the
assumption that the fact that it was called on a canvas would disambiguate
that it was a canvas proxy, but I'm certainly open to other suggestions.