[whatwg] [URL] DOM API Feedback

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 23:36:22 PST 2012

Le 19/11/2012 00:17, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM, David Bruant <bruant.d at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I feel the URLQuery object could be a regular object. Or maybe an ES6 Map.
>> If not an ES6 Map, maybe its API could be mapped exactly to ES6 Map. It
>> would increase interoperability.
> It cannot be a regular object because it modifies an underlying
> string.
An ES6 proxy could do the trick here.

> I suppose the same goes for ES6 Map.
As Tab suggested, a Map subclass could certainly work

> And URLQuery represents
> an ordered list of key-value pairs so I'm not sure how close it can
> be.
"ordered list of key-value pairs"
=> Both objects and maps can be ordered list of key-value pairs (objects
can be more with getters and setters, but we don't need to care about that)
The ordered part for objects wasn't true in ES5 (implementation specific
order), but is considered for ES6 [1] since all web engines do the same
order which some content relies on, making it a de facto standard.

David

[1] http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:enumeration