[whatwg] URL: query string

James Ross silver at warwickcompsoc.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 13:10:47 PST 2012

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM, James Ross <silver at warwickcompsoc.co.uk> wrote:
> > FWIW, according to http://dump.testsuite.org/url/inspect.html, IE10 gives pathname/search as "test"/"?test" in both IE10 and IE9 modes.
>
> Sweet, is that true for "test:test?test", "about:blank?test", and
> "data:test?test" too? In any case it sounds like this change should be
> made.
 Alas not quite; for "test:test?test" and "data:test?test" it works, but for "about:blank?test" it gives pathname="blank?test" and search="". The behaviour change appears to be specific to the "about:" scheme (it happens no matter what I put after). It also doesn't split out the hash, if there is one, when the scheme is "about:".
James Ross silver at warwickcompsoc.co.uk