[whatwg] [mimesniff] Sniffing archives

Adam Barth w3c at adambarth.com
Thu Nov 29 11:25:26 PST 2012

These are supported in Chrome.  That's what causes the download.  From
your comment, it's not clear to me if you are correctly reverse
engineering existing user agents.  The techniques we used to create
this list originally are quite sophisticated and involved a massive
amount of data [1].  It would be a shame if you destroyed that work
because you didn't understand it.

Adam

[1] http://www.adambarth.com/papers/2009/barth-caballero-song.pdf