[whatwg] [canvas] Path object

Tab Atkins Jr. jackalmage at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 18:45:40 PDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:34 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck at jumis.com> wrote:
> On Oct 2, 2012, at 6:25 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck at jumis.com> wrote:
>>> I wanted vendors to solidify consensus on a version close to what currently exists, with minor changes for accessibility. The WHATWG and W3C have chosen instead to make broad changes, as proposed in version 5/the Hixie-Atkins draft.
>>
>> Out of curiosity, why are you using the term "the Hixie-Atkins draft"?
>> That usage seems bizarre.
>
> The two of you composed an submitted the change in its entirety; it's a large departure in IDL from earlier drafts which reflected implementations as initiated by Apple's draft.
>
> The draft is a synthesis of what appears to be two years of feedback from developers and others on the WHATWG and W3C mailing lists. All of the methods were first proposed in the draft; they were not proposed in their IDL form by others.
>
> In it's introduction, and the discussion surrounding its introduction, I noticed that Atkins and Hixie had worked to create a coherent proposal based on input; Hixie has expressed directly that he'd prefer to see use cases, not IDL/spec proposals.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  I didn't write
any of the canvas spec.  I've given feedback on the list, but not
significantly more than others interested in the topic.

I did help brainstorm some of the interface stuff in #whatwg when
Hixie was writing it, but so did others.  Calling it the
"Hixie-Atkins" draft is unwarranted and weird.  Just call it the
"whatwg canvas spec" or something.

~TJ