[whatwg] [canvas] Path object

Glenn Maynard glenn at zewt.org
Fri Oct 5 14:56:58 PDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:

> Yes, but at the cost of performance and memory usage that just doesn't
> seem worthwhile here.

Is there really a nontrivial cost to a one-time warning, the first time a
window attribute is resolved this way?  (Warning once per ID would be nice,
but warning once per page load serves the purpose.)  It sounds like a
single branch at most.

And web developers get annoyed when UAs warn about various spec-compliant
> stuff they're doing, in my experience.

I'm a web developer, and I get annoyed at not being told when I'm doing
something obviously bad, so you'll have to pick which group to annoy:
people who want to write reliable webpages, or those who don't.

--
Glenn Maynard