[whatwg] Why won't you let us make our own HTML5 browsers?

Fred Andrews fredandw at live.com
Thu Oct 18 23:14:49 PDT 2012

Hi Ian,

Thank you for taking the time to follow up.  Some of my comments do seem a

little immature in hindsight and I tend to agree now that adding a lot of these

suggestions to the HTML spec. would make little difference.

I am exploring options to reduce the potential for UA state leaks but do not

have anything concrete to propose yet.  If you care to see some ideas being

explored then please see: http://www.w3.org/community/pua/wiki/Draft

I could certainly use some feedback.

Perhaps someday it will be possible to propose some extensions to better secure

the UA state such as new iframe sandbox flags etc.

I grew up with computers being personal and private places and we only shared

data explicitly.  I wince when I see children using the modern web browsers as

a platform for computing - knowing the visibility external resources have over their

actions.  I'll do what I can to try and provide a more secure and private UA option.

cheers

Fred