[whatwg] canvas miterLimit property

Rik Cabanier cabanier at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 02:30:21 PDT 2012

Good catch!
I'm unsure why SVG is different.

This is a problem with the new Path object [1] that takes an SVG path
string. A user will have to remember to set the miter limit to the SVG
default otherwise the path might render differently in Canvas.
If we ever harmonize the path object so it can be shared by SVG and Canvas,
we will need to account for this.

Rik

1:
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-canvas-element.html#path