[whatwg] Including HTML more directly into SVG

Elliott Sprehn esprehn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 12:37:13 PDT 2012

On Sep 11, 2012 11:35 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Also, how does your proposal address
> > flowing text inside of a <path>?
>
> That's a good question!  Presumably you mean that, for example, one
> might want to have emphasized text in a text-along-a-path flow?  I
> suppose it should be as easy as making them children of a <textPath>,
> and setting "display:svg" to make them obey SVG rendering rules rather
> than the CSS box model.

I mean if you look at the svg flow spec there's an example of text inside a
polygon or even text flowing inside of large bubble letters.

Similar concept as CSS exclusions, but it doesn't make sense to specify the
polygon twice to use that.

> > A strawman of the JSON spec rewritten with your proposal would be
useful.

> I don't understand this request.

Sorry its not the JSON spec, it just had a similar theme (my confusion). I
meant could you rewrite the railroad svg from your original email to show
how this is better?

http://www.xanthir.com/etc/railroad-diagrams/example.html

- E