[whatwg] Navigation and history traversal issues

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Sep 18 20:19:44 PDT 2012

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012, Justin Lebar wrote:

> The issue isn't a history.back() which crosses origins -- that seems
> fine -- but rather calling history.back() on a cross-origin window.
> (Sorry that wasn't clear.)

Aah, ok. The spec already says that's not allowed. You can't get to the
History object of a cross-origin Window:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#security-window

(I forget what the story is if you get a History object from a same-origin
Window, then have the browsing context navigated, then use the History
object you kept around... I expect it is supposed to work much as if you
were to call it on the new, cross-origin, History object, though.)