[whatwg] New URL Standard

Alexandre Morgaut Alexandre.Morgaut at 4d.com
Tue Sep 25 05:10:26 PDT 2012

On 25 sept. 2012, at 13:48, Robin Berjon wrote:

> On 25/09/2012 01:07 , Glenn Maynard wrote:
> And round-tripping using ; as the separator instead of &. I mention this
> because I've seen actual production code (more than once) that relied on
> this. I have no idea how common it is though. I'm guessing not too much,
> but probably some since it was in HTML 4.01:
>
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/appendix/notes.html#h-B.2.2
>
> Of course another option is to just not parse that into key-value pairs
> in the first place.

Technically ";" might also be interpreted as part of the value
I think considering it as separator would introduce more problems that the ones it could resolve (my 2 cents)

>> By the way, it would also be nice for the query part of this API to be
>> usable in isolation.
>
> +1

The query part should still be accessible via the search property

Alexandre Morgaut
Wakanda Community Manager

4D SAS
60, rue d'Alsace