[whatwg] Spec for location object needs to make some properties unforgeable; need supporting WebIDL changes

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 25 18:37:49 PDT 2012

> Boris Zbarsky:
>> I can live with this, but why is this better than just allowing
>> [Unforgeable] on all operations and attributes and defining an "object
>> valueOf(); /* returns self */ " on Location?
>
> If we really do want to make all Location interface members be
> unforgeable, then moving the [Unforgeable] up to the interface seems
> like a nicer way to indicate that.  It also means we don't have to
> pretend we really are defining a useful "valueOf" operation.

I guess the question is whether we're more likely to need [Unforgeable]
on some other entire interface or whether were more likely to need
[Unforgeable] on a single member that's not a readonly attribute.  Of
course we might never need either one...

-Boris