[whatwg] Spec for location object needs to make some properties unforgeable; need supporting WebIDL changes

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 27 21:50:06 PDT 2012

On 9/28/12 12:44 AM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> What about other functions from Object.prototype, by the way?
> toLocaleString, watch, hasOwnProperty, etc.?  If there are a bunch of
> properties (that don't correspond to IDL members) that need protecting,
> maybe handling it in [DefineOwnProperty] is the simplest thing to do.

I don't think the rest of those need protecting for Location.  And
simply making valueOf an own non-configurable property is a lot simpler
than creating yet another custom [DefineOwnProperty] implementation, at
least in Gecko, and has the benefit of not being weird magic from the
point of view of the web page.  I can't speak for other implementations...

-Boris