[whatwg] <iframe srcdoc> definition not compatible with existing user-agent user interfaces

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Fri Apr 5 15:03:39 PDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 4:01 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:

> But again, I don't have a solution so far, just the spec as-is causing
> obviously broken UAs.

A simple solution would be to make the URI "about:srcdoc" and have UI
detect and handle that explicitly (e.g. disabling "open frame in new
window").

Given that an <iframe srcdoc> is very likely to be logically just an
integral component of the parent page, that seems OK to me.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq