[whatwg] API to delay the document load event

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Sun Apr 28 20:26:01 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn at zewt.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org>wrote:
>
>> It would be easy for us to add some Firefox-only or FirefoxOS-only API
>> here, but that seems anti-standards. I'd rather unnecessarily standardize a
>> feature that doesn't get broadly used, than propagate some Firefox-only
>> feature that does get broadly used.
>>

> If it's a feature that will only actually be used in FirefoxOS, then
> expecting other browser vendors to invest time implementing it wouldn't
> make sense.

 If it doesn't get used, why would they need to invest time implementing it?

Also, this is a feature where it's trivial for applications to gracefully
degrade on browsers that don't have the feature.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq