[whatwg] HTML and spec fragmentation (WHATWG)

Jens O. Meiert jens at meiert.com
Thu Dec 5 09:26:13 PST 2013

A bigger issue with CSS, HTML too seems to suffer from spec
fragmentation. I’m explaining my perspective on the problem and
options in the following place simply because of the unique setup of
the different groups working on HTML and CSS:

http://meiert.com/en/blog/20131205/spec-fragmentation/

I believe for HTML, we should establish authoritative overview pages
on both the W3C and the WHATWG side (to mitigate the problem of people
not finding and comprehending all relevant documents), and to also
look into a refactoring as well as policy adjustments.

(I’m raising this as an issue on the W3C side separately, honoring the
different groups’ preferences.)

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/