[whatwg] Form data append behavior on null type

Tingan Ho tingan at p1.cn
Mon Dec 30 22:44:49 PST 2013

> The specification, through the use of Web IDL, requires that "null" be
> sent.  Unless there is a clear majority of implementations that send "", I
> don't think we should change from the default stringification behaviour.

Right now, Chrome, Firefox, Opera uses emtpy strings *""*. Safari and IE
uses null string *"null".*

I think if I send this issue to Safari and IE, they will reply that the W3C
standard doesn't say anything about the behavior. And they will keep using
their implementation.

And that all browser vendors use their own implementation is a nightmare
for the developer. So this problem will be there until a standard is
applied.

--
Sincerely,

Tingan Ho