[whatwg] Is <main> now an official HTML5 element?

Steve Faulkner faulkner.steve at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 08:59:09 PST 2013

Hi Ian,

I cannot speak for whatwg, but from the W3C HTML spec side the main element
is in the HTML 5.1 spec and has been implemented in browsers and so will be
added to HTML5 spec at some point as it likely meets the CR exit criteria.

as for it being a sectioning element, there is currently an open bug on
that, which we be dealt with.

If you want to discuss the specification of the main element in HTML 5.1
specification feel free mail the html wg list. If you want to discuss
definition as per the whatwg spec this is the place, although I will
obviously follow ant discussions with interest

regards
SteveF