[whatwg] Styling <details>

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 2 18:39:52 PST 2013

On 1/2/13 4:37 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> Wait, Web Components isn't solving this? I thought this was one of the
> main use cases of Web Components.

As far as I can tell, Web Components is doing the following:

1)  Defining a way for authors to implement custom widgets.
2)  Defining a way to maybe describe built-in custom widgets using the
     same language.

It is not yet, but maybe sometime (this is pretty vaporware-ish so far)
doing:

3)  Defining a way that author styles can be applied to browser-defined
     "custom" widgets.

and it is certainly not doing:

4)  Defining the browser-defined "custom" widgets using the
     capabilities of #2 such that authors can in fact style them.

-Boris