[whatwg] Forms-related feedback

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Sun Jan 13 09:19:36 PST 2013

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013, TAMURA, Kent wrote:

> So, I think it's impossible for us to build reasonable UI for
> type=datetime.  It should be removed from the specification.

In the simplest case, the UI for type=datetime doesn't need to be
different from the UI for type=datetime-local. Any differences, IMHO,
would be just accessible from (e.g.) a context menu (to allow the user to
actually pick a time zone). Google Calendar's event editor page has a
pretty good type=datetime widget (though in their case it has two
widgets combined into one, for start and end).